*Action Plan for 2ndApril, 2018*
The Chhatra Sansad, the Students’ Parliament has declared strike in all medical colleges on Monday 02.4.2018 against NMC and violence in hospitals. Doctors’ Mahapanchayat has endorsed and supported the call. IMA expresses total solidarity with Students, Resident doctors and Junior doctors in this war against injustice.
The unprecedented unity shown by the entire medical fraternity in the form of historic Doctors’ Mahapanchayat has compelled the Union Government to invite IMA for discussions. The National President, Dr Ravi Wankhedkar, Honorary Secretary General, Dr R N Tandon and Honorary Finance Secretary, Dr V K Monga met the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Shri J P Naddaji on 27th afternoon. Further, he has invited IMA for official talks on April 2, 2018.
The emergency Joint Action Committee of IMA and the organisations of the Students, Resident Doctors and Junior Doctors met today evening in IMA HQs., New Delhi and has decided to continue with the Action Plan as mandated by the Doctors’ Mahapanchayat with same vigour. All IMA State and Local Branches should actively facilitate the struggle by Students, Resident Doctors and Junior doctors and provide all logistical and organisational help on 2nd April, 2018.
*Medical strike on April 2nd*
Medical students :
1Medical students should boycott classes on April 2nd, 2018.
2 Demonstrations should be held and memorandum to the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India be handed over to District Collector in all the districts for onward transmission.
Resident Doctors and Junior Doctors :
1. Resident Doctors and Junior Doctors should boycott all academic work on April 2, 2018.
2. Clinical work should be restricted to emergencies alone.
3. They should also join the demonstrations being held in all districts.
IMA State and local branches:
1. IMA branches should Co-ordinate and support the strike by Students, Resident Doctors and Junior Doctors.
2. Joint Action committees should be formed with IMA leaders and organisations of Students, Resident Doctors and Junior Doctors.
3. Wide publicity should be given to the strike in all districts through press meet, posters, banners and social media.
4. IMA leaders should participate in the demonstration on April 2, 2018 and be part of delegation of the Joint action Committees to collectorates.
5. State and local branches should provide all logistical help to students in organizing the strike.
IMA National President Dr Ravi Wankhedkar will join the Students, Resident Doctors and Junior Doctors in the *Dharna in front of AIIMS*, New Delhi in solidarity.
Dr Ravi Wankhedkar
National President, IMA
Dr R N Tandon
Honorary Secretary General, IMA
Dr A Marthanda Pillai
Chairman, IMA Action Committee